Friday, February 01, 2008

Steal This Reading at East Coast Aliens, Greenpoint Brooklyn

I showed up about 7:30, and then the fire marshall showed up 5 minutes later. I think this is the first time I've ever seen the fire marshall's called to a reading which wasn't being held in an abandoned warehouse (ESA is a nice, converted warehouse now artspace just down the street from my apartment which I didn't know existed until this reading came about). I saw Kristin Prevallet and Hoa Nguyen leaving, saying how crowded it was and how you couldn't talk. It seemed like they were right, so that was that for this guy.

I particularly had wanted to see Max Winter and Joyelle McSweeney read, as I am partial to the work of my fellow Goddardians do at Tarpauline Sky, but alas. Here is everything that would have happened:


Steal This Reading:
A Brooklyn Book Burning

Featuring 15 authors from 6 publishers:

C.D. Wright, Eleni Sikelianos, Graham Foust, Joyelle McSweeney, Joshua Marie Wilkinson, Julie Doxsee, Max Winter, Adam Clay, Zachary Schomburg, Morgan Lucas Schuldt, Lily Brown, Rauan Klassnik, Cindy Savett, Jon Thompson, and Melanie Hubbard.

Hosted by Black Ocean, Cannibal Books, Free Verse Editions, Kitchen Press, Octopus, Tarpaulin Sky Press & Typo.


No comments: